Manager, Customer Process Improvement
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As a Customer and Process Lead on our Customer Team, you will lead a team of process engineers and claims team leads, ensuring our operations and processes are established and ready to scale. You will own the design of customer-centric solutions that enable Cover Genius to deliver a world-class service.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience managing a cross-functional team that focuses on continuous improvement in an agile environment. You will have a demonstrated ability to launch operations and set up frameworks for process design and team scalability with an open mind to adapt to an ever-shifting set of priorities that accompany a start-up environment.
As the Customer and Process Lead, you will be hands-on and responsible for owning key functional initiatives, and “translating” them into requirements and a roadmap for the team. You will lead the team on content and process design, resource forecasting, budgets, and operational reviews with internal and external stakeholders. Regular collaboration with your peers globally and other functions such as insurance, partnerships, and engineering teams will ensure we launch new programs and products quickly and effectively.
What your working week will involve:
- Lead scoping, design and development of new operational capabilities associated with product launches and program expansions
- Own initiatives to optimise operational efficiency, process scalability, and automation, collaborating with tech and product teams
- Develop best practices for the end-to-end customer life cycle, ensuring decisions are backed by data and success metrics
- Lead external calls showcasing our operational and system capabilities to prospects
- Lead cross-functional projects with insurance team to improve our products based on customer metrics and outputs
- Drive internal functional initiatives focus on global process standardization
- Lead operational reviews with internal and external stakeholders, including partners and underwriters
- Hire, develop and manage a team of process engineers and team leads attracting and developing high-performance teams
- Collaborate with the data team on the customer analytics strategy to enable process engineers to have right data to assist with strategic decision making
- Work closely with product and tech to drive new technologies adoptions enabling exponential growth
- Investigate fraud patterns and work with tech teams to implement smart systems
What the ideal profile looks like:
- 10 or more years of experience with process optimization, UX, design, and operations management in Tech, Supply Chain, or Manufacturing industry
- Experience leading the entire project lifecycle from end to end in an agile environment
- Proven ability to manage and develop relationships with key external and internal stakeholders
- Experience leading high performing multi-disciplinary teams in a technology first company
- Experience with lean development, human-centered design and can put yourself in the customer's shoes, ensuring that customer experiences are friendly and digestible.
- Be technically minded. One of the main systems used by Process Engineers is a low-code platform that was developed in-house so familiarity with systems architecture is key
- University degree in engineering or similar background.
- Driven, energetic and a “good enough is not enough” mentality.
- Professional approach.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident manner.
- Positive approach to change
- Marketing mindset looked upon highly.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.