Junior PHP Engineer
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As a Junior PHP Engineer on our Technology Team, you will own product features and updates, and have an opportunity to work on several products over time, increasing your exposure to different systems and learning opportunities
As a Junior PHP engineer you will help with implementing new product features, modernising the existing codebase, integrating with external and internal APIs, fixing bugs and continually enhancing the product's features and performance. Regular collaboration with your product team will be key in ensuring the company’s goals are achieved.
- Deliver new functionality and features end to end
- Integrate with third-party platforms and APIs
- Troubleshoot complex problems and resolve bugs
- Enchance the usability and performance of the platform
What you will bring
- Programming knowledge and experience required
- Enthusiasm for learning and passion for technology
- Any knowledge of frameworks Laravel and VueJS
- Some knowledge of database systems (relational and otherwise)
- Tooling knowledge a bonus - for example; git, postman, cli, testing
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, A postgraduate degree and/or record of academic achievement is also desirable
What you will have
- Good communication - we work in tightly knit, small development teams
- Good problem solving skills and inquisitive attributes
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to take ownership of items of work, and find information from relevant stakeholders as needed
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.