Data Analytics Engineer - DBT / DW Modeling
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As a Data Analytics Engineer at Cover Genius you will collaborate with Partner Services, Customer Operations, Platform Delivery and our Pricing teams distributed across Europe and Asia Pacific.
You will play a key role in ensuring internal teams have access to structured, cleansed data in BigQuery allowing them to generate accurate and actionable insights. You will do this by utilising DBT to run data operations, governance, monitoring and modeling.
What your working week will involve;
- Curate, document, test and monitor datasets that satisfies the business requirements
- Adhering to data engineering best practices to maximise efficiency in data loading and transformations
- Develop and implement data quality controls to ensure the accuracy and completeness of our data
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with data pipelines, databases, and data warehouse
- Develop automated tools that generate informative metrics to enhance user productivity and optimise the efficiency for the data warehouse
- Automate manual processes to improve efficiency and reduce the risk of errors
- Participate in on-call rotations to ensure that our data systems are available and accurate
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in data engineering and analytics, and evaluate new tools and technologies that could improve our data infrastructure and processes
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Math or a related STEM field
What the ideal profile looks like;
- Strong proficiency in using cloud data warehouse such as BigQuery or Snowflake
- Familiar with the data warehouse architecture, best practices and the performance optimisation
- At least 4 years of experiences in doing data modeling for the data warehouse schema
- Advanced SQL, DBT and data modeling skills
- Experience working with large size of changing data, immutable data and events data schemas
- Experience developing dashboards and reports using BI tool such as Metabase, Looker Studio, Mode or Tableau
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with common technologies used in software engineering such as bash, git and docker
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. Soon after the declaration of the COVID-19 global pandemic the entire CG team was granted an extra 15 days of Wellness Leave to take throughout 2020.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.