Growth Product Manager
Product, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
Cover Genius is a world leader in embedded protection whose partners include Amazon, Booking.com, Hopper and eBay. Cover Genius provides optimized B2B2C/B protection under the consumer brands XCover and RentalCover. Excitingly, this means your work will be featured on some of the world’s largest websites and you will be generating significant growth for their ancillary revenue strategies, of which Cover Genius is a critical component. Your work in this role will be seen by millions of customers every day.
The role will work closely with our embedded growth teams consisting of UX Designers, UX Writers and Partner Growth Managers. This is a critical role to ensure that we are launching optimised solutions that improve the buyer experience. Given our role is to create typically bespoke solutions that our partners ultimately deliver by integrating the XCover API, this role is highly outcome focused and analytical, with a unique set of responsibilities that does not include day-to-day product management and team rituals. Instead you will combine your growth capabilities with strategic insights to enable cross functional teams, and you will have ultimate responsibility for delivering high-impact solutions that optimise the booking paths of the world’s largest digital companies.
What your work week will look like
- Work closely with a number of stakeholders to create solutions that will improve outcomes for our partners, as measured by core conversion rates, protection attach rates or yield
- Find and implement growth opportunities for partners who are in the process of integration or are already currently live
- Exploratory data analysis to uncover insights and product opportunities using SQL, Big Query &/or DataStudio
- Establishing solution best practices and implementing related trainings for cross-functional departments
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent technical field
What the ideal profile looks like
- 4-6 years of high growth B2C or SaaS product management experience
- Experience with consumer facing product development and applying best practices to improve the customer experience and conversion
- Understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Experience with agile project management methodology
- Demonstrated passion for the web, technology, startups etc with a deep understanding of product strategy theory and clear intent to make the transition
- Excellent people management and engagement skills
- Passion, drive, confidence and commitment
- Proven ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Strong management and engagement skills
- Experience in a fast growing startup or similarly high growth global internet company
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through product innovation
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. Soon after the declaration of the COVID-19 global pandemic the entire CG team was granted an extra 15 days of Wellness Leave to take throughout 2020.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.