Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As a Financial Accountant reporting into the EMEA Financial Controller, you will be working amongst a rapidly expanding EMEA Finance team, part of Cover Genius’ group finance team based in Sydney and New York.
You will be a key member of an Accounting team that evolves the day-to-day while working cross-functionally across the organisation, supporting key financial processes that enable all areas of the business and its rapid growth.
What your working week will involve;
- Play an integral role in building up the EMEA Finance function, including accounting, cash management, expense management, compliance, and internal controls.
- Perform month-end close activities such as accruals, bank and credit card reconciliations, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, fixed assets, and intercompany transactions
- Identify opportunities for automation, standardisation, and overall process improvement as we build and scale the global team.
- Support financial statement audits with Big Four auditors, which includes the preparation, maintenance, and oversight of audit-ready financial statements and supporting workpapers.
- Support in maintenance of tax compliance calendar and work with the tax manager and external tax advisors to maintain compliance.
- Assist with internal reporting for presentation to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Support in vendor onboarding, invoice approval, and invoice payment processes.
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analyses.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting required
- Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or equivalent), or working towards.
What the ideal profile looks like;
- 2-6 years of Accounting experience.
- Thrives on collaboration and operates with a strong internal stakeholder mentality.
- Strong ability to quickly identify both risks and opportunities while maintaining a strong focus on both process improvements and results.
- Able to cope with a dynamic and high change environment.
- Takes ownership for responsibilities with a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter, resourceful with a strong work ethic.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Netsuite preferable.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.