Frontend Engineer - Data
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognised with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
The Front End Developer will play a pivotal role in contributing to the look and feel of our products and enhancing the user experience. This will involve utilising modern front-end technology (e.g. React) to fully represent users’ needs and architect, develop and release user-facing features to sustain and enhance the quality of our products. Your versatility and openness to responsibility, despite how difficult the task is, will enable you to contribute to the continuous enhancement of the user experience.
Main Duties & Responsilities;
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Senior members of the team to identify the needs of our users and design and implement the next generation of products that meet these needs
- Architect, build, and test new features with the aim of enhancing the user experience
- Work with backend teams to help shape API endpoints
- Constantly on the lookout for enhancing the user experience by staying up-to-date with current best-practices
Attributes & Experience
- Experience in building SPA
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Desire to learn and use new technologies
- Experiences in building client side libraries with vanilla JS
- Keen eye for design and a strong understanding of UX
- Familiarity with performance debugging and bench-marking Ideally, experience contributing to open source projects
- Experience working with Python on backend side would give you a good bonus
- Bachelors or higher degree in related field is required
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. Soon after the declaration of the COVID-19 global pandemic the entire CG team was granted an extra 15 days of Wellness Leave to take throughout 2020.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
*Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Cover Genius
Something looks off?