Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognised with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As a Reporting Analyst at Cover Genius you will be a key figure in helping the business make data driven decisions. You will be a blend of a stakeholder manager, data wrangler, and data communicator. Key responsibilities will be to partner with various departments, understanding departmental objectives and use data to support decision making processes.
You will be responsible for building, monitoring and troubleshooting claims and operational reporting for partners and underwriters which include customer and claims metrics outlining SLAs and customer satisfaction.
What your working week will involve;
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reporting
- Implement best practice and standards when delivering data analytics and reporting
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing SQL, data output, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritise business and information needs
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities
- Bachelors or higher degree in related field is required.
What the ideal profile looks like;
- 1+ years of experience in a Business Intelligence/Business Analyst role or equivalent, with insurance background an added bonus
- A solid grasp of SQL, with a focus on reporting and analytics
- Pay high attention to details, embrace challenges, eager to learn, having a growth mindset
- Be well organised, have good time management and produce deliverables on time
- A good communicator, who is able to take complexity and communicate it in a clear, concise and logical manner
- Proficient in one of the BI products (Tableau / Looker / Power BI etc..) preferred
- Python coding skills preferred
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. Soon after the declaration of the COVID-19 global pandemic the entire CG team was granted an extra 15 days of Wellness Leave to take throughout 2020.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Cover Genius
Something looks off?