IT, Data Science
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognised with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As Data Analyst, you will be responsible for collecting, synthesizing and aggregating insights that are required for a range of reporting and business improvement activities within the Customer Operations department. You will work closely with other team members to help drive data-based decision-making, identify trends and provide recommendations for process improvements. Additionally, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of data through data cleansing activities and creating DBT models
What your working week will involve;
- Collect, clean and analyse customer data to identify trends, patterns and insights.
- Synthesize data from multiple sources to create insightful and actionable reports.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports that provide visibility into the performance of the Customer Operations department.
- Identify the relevant customer metrics: Start by identifying the customer metrics that are most relevant to your business. These may include things like customer satisfaction ratings, claims processing times, claims resolution rates, and more.
- Conduct deep-dive analyses to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization to gather data and provide insights that inform cross-functional decision-making.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices related to data analysis.
- Bachelors or higher degree in related field is required
What the ideal profile looks like;
- 4+ years of experience in data analytics or a similar role.
- Experience creating DBT models is a plus. Highly proficient in SQL, with a focus on data and analytics
- Proficient in Metabase, Looker Studio or other popular BI tool
- A good communicator, who is able to take complexity and communicate it in a clear, concise and logical manner
- Strong analytical style and an active problem-solver who can creatively and practically articulate solutions
- An effective and inclusive stakeholder manager, able to unite ideas and shared cross-functional objectives
- Welcomes new ideas, whilst also being a practical planner - able to plan and execute strategically and operationally
- Strong attention to detail and a structured thinker
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. Some of the benefits we have are:
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. With the recent impact of Covid we gave 15 days additional leave to all employees for when they need a break and some well-deserved downtime.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Cover Genius
Something looks off?