Business Development Manager - PropTech
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Sunday, April 2, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As Business Development Manager role you will play a key role in the the development and execution of the company’s partnerships and distribution strategy for the PropTech vertical across North America. You will be a key figure in optimizing the sales strategy, deal execution and will own the business development and relationship management.
Ideally you will have experience in real estate or mortgage banking technology, property management platforms or have in-depth knowledge across technology, e-commerce, or insurance solutions specific to these industries. Working to identify, cultivate, structure and close large enterprise deals with distribution partners, you will play a significant role in achieving distribution goals and revenue targets. The position will report to the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, PropTech and will play a key role in continuing to expand our presence in North America.
What your work week will look like;
- Leverage existing connections to build and cultivate a deep and trusted network of influential decision makers within key targeted sub-verticals including real estate technology, asset management, property management and mortgage banking.
- Identify and engage prospective partners, gaining an understanding of their current circumstance and future needs, while educating them about Cover Genius’s tech, platform and unique value proposition.
- Work with the VP of Strategic Partnerships to identify, develop, structure and close complex partnership deals that deliver enduring value to the business.
- Maintain partner and prospect information in HubSpot CRM, ensuring all Deal, Company and Contact records are up to date and accurate.
- Help onboard new partners with our Client Solutions Engineering team post deal close, ensuring timely delivery of solutions that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Grow the Cover Genius brand within the Real Estate and PropTech industry through representation at industry trade events and broader networking functions.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and execution during all stages of the sales process including marketing, product design, sales roadmap and strategic discussions.
- Bachelors or higher degree in related field is required.
What the ideal profile looks like;
- 5+ years of industry experience, with a focus on business development and strategic partnerships.
- Proven track-record for meeting and exceeding revenue targets and performance driven KPIs.
- Knowledge of the real estate and/or mortgage banking technology industry and product set is highly regarded, although not mandatory.
- Strong network of Real Estate and PropTech industry contacts is a plus.
- First class communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence at C-level. Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills; ability to think laterally and explore creative solutions in both deal negotiation and customer solution design.
- Comfortable working with data, spreadsheets, and formulating financial proposals.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams (Incl. engineering, product and finance) to deliver high quality outcomes to timelines.
- Previous exposure to startup or tech-focused business models.
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a small collegial team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other.A proactive bias to action, and drive to achieve results.
- Ability to build rapport and engagement with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this role in NYC is between $120,000 and $150,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.
See more open positions at Cover Genius
Something looks off?