Platform Engineer (Python)
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognised with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
As an Integration Engineer you will lead and coordinate the development, testing and execution of new insurance products across multiple verticals. Working closely with stakeholders, such as our Technology, Actuarial, Data, Insurance and Partnership teams, you will build market leading insurance products. Using ‘XCover’, our Policy Administration System, you will create products in an easy-to-use API format to deliver a seamless integration experience for our global Partners.
What your working week will involve
- Leverage your technical experience to build insurance products and design API endpoints with our Partner’s technical requirements.
- Create and execute comprehensive API test plans prior to product launch.
- Work with front-end & back-end Product Managers to gather and communicate requirements for additional product features, across all XCover platforms.
- Support the continuous development of our Policy Administration System, QA & testing frameworks.
- Support the Finance and Data team with robust reporting configuration and ensure timely delivery of financial reporting.
- Develop trusted advisor status and strong relationships with internal stakeholders, such as Insurance, Data, Actuarial and Product teams.
- Bachelors or higher degree in related field is required
What the ideal profile looks like
- 2+ years' experience in business analysis or as a programmer.
- Proficient in Python scripting, SQL and spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets).
- Experience using Web APIs with tools such as Postman and CURL.
- Experience with API testing frameworks.
- Experience reading and understanding technical documentation such as API Documents, Process Flow diagrams etc.
- Ability to understand technical challenges and communicate optimal solutions in a clear, concise manner (verbally and written).
- Strong numerical and analytical ability.
- Proven ability to foster and develop relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Positive approach to change with an ability to adapt quickly to a start-up pace environment and culture.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. Soon after the declaration of the COVID-19 global pandemic the entire CG team was granted an extra 15 days of Wellness Leave to take throughout 2020.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
*Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Cover Genius
Something looks off?