Associate Director , Partnerships - South Korea
Sales & Business Development
Seoul, South Korea
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognised with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
To lead business development and enable partnerships across sectors for Cover Genius (a tech enabled Global InsurTech company with worldwide footprints spanning across APAC, UK, USA , Europe and India and having global online partners like Booking.com, Shopee, Amazon, eBay, ETraveli.
The person would create and execute deals pipeline, will lead product co-creation with partners to and own structuring of optimal commercial terms. The ideal candidate must have his / her own network in the country and would be responsible to build deep strategic partnerships across different industries for offering embedded and innovative insurance products via Cover Genius platform particularly within the Retail Vertical.
What your working week will involve;
- Work with Partnerships leadership Org to identify, develop, structure and close complex partnership deals with target partner organizations
- Apply your industry experience to identify and guide potential partners in understanding and solutioning Cover Genius technology and platform
- Leverage industry expertise to nurture a network of influential decision makers within key target organizations for your region
- Work in cross-functional teams to ensure pitches to prospective partners are delivered effectively with clarity on the product solution
- Assist in the on-boarding of new partners with SEA Client Solutions Engineering team, execute post deal closure activities and ensure timely delivery of solutions that meet or exceed client expectations
- Grow the Cover Genius brand within the country through representation at industry events and broader networking
- Bachelors or higher degree in related field is required
What the ideal profile looks like
- 10+ years of industry experience, with a focus on strategic partnerships, business or corporate development.
- Previous working experience in Tech start-ups or Fintech /Insurtech / E-commerce is highly recommended.
- Strong network and successful track record with excellent deal negotiation and commercial structuring skills
- Experience in strategy development and execution, with a proven capability to lead cross functional teams
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams (engineering, product and finance) to deliver high quality outcomes
- Demonstrated track record for meeting and exceeding revenue targets and performance driven KPIs
- Bilingual capability of English and Korean is a must
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Positive approach to change
- Strong interpersonal skills
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. Soon after the declaration of the COVID-19 global pandemic the entire CG team was granted an extra 15 days of Wellness Leave to take throughout 2020.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Cover Genius
Something looks off?