Director, Insurance Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
Cover Genius is looking for someone to be part of a team that is redefining insurance carrier management. Your responsibilities will include building strong relationships with our strategic Insurance Carrier partners. This role will be extremely cross-functional, partnering with partnerships, partner services, insurance product management, and product + engineering to ensure holistic alignment of the Cover Genius vision for our key carrier partners. As Director, Insurance Partnerships, you will be a key member of the Insurance team driving new Carrier relationships and product development, including supporting growth within our existing carrier partners. You will collaborate closely with the Insurance Product Development, Partnerships, and Partner Services teams to execute on the Cover Genius growth strategy. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about insurance distribution as well as technical product challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
- Build and maintain an insurance product roadmap evaluating both near term and long term strategic needs.
- Represent Cover Genius by promoting strengths and capabilities to current and prospective insurance carrier partners with an emphasis on building win-win partnerships.
- Build a team and framework to optimally source, develop and manage insurer relationships/partnerships.
- Create an internal marketplace for demand and supply partnerships by product/area of business to streamline capacity sourcing.
- Work cross-functionally to further enhance internal processes related to insurer partnerships.
- Provide relevant market updates to Executive Team related to current and prospective insurer partnerships.
- Responsible for commercial contracts standards and performance metrics across strategic insurance carrier partners contracts.
- Understands the drivers of the financial metrics that impact strategic partnerships.
- Continually review insurance carrier partnerships, and identify opportunities for additional product offerings and MGA programs.
- Develop and track KPIs, ensuring we are operating at peak performance, and identify and implement new business opportunities within the context of existing partnerships to meet current and future business needs.
- Responsible for managing collaboration and centralized communication between Cover Genius teams and insurance carrier partners.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this role in NYC is between $125,000 and $180,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.
See more open positions at Cover Genius
Something looks off?