Director, Insurance Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Uber, Hopper, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times which ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest-growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commit itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the Role
As a Director, Insurance Partnerships on our North American Insurance Team, you will play a pivotal role in driving our growth and success by owning the strategic relationships with our Insurance industry partners. Your primary focus will be on expanding our carrier partner network, negotiating contractual agreements, and ensuring smooth program implementation and ongoing collaboration. This is an opportunity to be a key and pivotal member of the global CG insurance partnerships team, driving change across the Insurance industry globally.
To drive success in this role, you must have an extensive attention to detail and process-oriented mindset to establish effective workflows and optimize partnership growth initiatives. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in management consulting or a similar field who can bring a strategic and analytical approach to this role. Regular collaboration with our Partnerships, Partner Services, and Engineering teams will be key in ensuring that we drive efficient implementation and integration of new insurance programs, establish and monitor carrier performance KPI’s, and achieve revenue growth targets through effective partner management.
What will your day look like? You will...
- Develop and execute a comprehensive insurance carrier partnership strategy to drive growth and maximize revenue opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define partnership objectives and align them with the company's growth goals.
- Lead, coach and manage teams of Insurance Product Managers and collaborate with Pricing Actuaries and Partner Growth Managers teams.
- Create scalable growth by defining processes, tools, and resources to launch and optimize insurance solutions.
- Identify and target potential insurance carrier partners as well as negotiate partnership agreements to support new embedded insurance programs.
- Oversee the implementation of new carrier partnerships, ensuring seamless integration of systems, processes, and data sharing.
- Define and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess partnership performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Conduct regular business reviews with partners, analyzing metrics, and providing insights and recommendations to drive growth and optimize operations.
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 10 or more years in management consulting and/or strategic partnerships, preferably within the insurance or technology industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a detail-oriented and process-driven mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop innovative partnership strategies that drive business growth.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, insurtech landscape, and emerging trends.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field.
To be successful, you'll bring:
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Process and detail oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident manner.
- Positive approach to change.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this role in NYC is between $125,000 and $180,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.