Business Development Manager - FinTech (French, Spanish or Italian speaking)
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognised with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are
Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not
Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
Working closely with the VP, Strategic Partnerships for the Fintech vertical, you will be responsible for the development and growth of accounts across the EMEA region. You will be a key figure in optimising the sales strategy and deal execution from research to lead generation through senior stakeholder engagement.
What your week will look like;
- Work with the VP, Strategic Partnership to identify, develop, structure and close complex partnership deals with target partner organisations that deliver enduring value to the business
- Leverage existing connections to build and cultivate a deep and trusted network amongst influential decision makers within key target organisations
- Grow the Cover Genius brand within the specialist vertical through representation at industry events and broader networking
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure pitches to prospective partners are delivered effectively to partners, with clarity on the product solution
- Work with Client Solutions Engineering team during implementation, ensuring timely delivery of solutions that meet or exceed client expectations
- Bachelors or higher degree in related field is required.
What the ideal profile looks like;
- Minimum 5+ years commercial business development/partnerships experience
- Proven track-record for meeting and exceeding revenue targets and performance driven KPIs
- Proven experience in executing a strategy to deliver performance against agreed lead gen KPIs
- Demonstrated passion and agility leading within high-growth technology companies/startups
- Strong network and successful track record within fintech or payments desirable
- Experience executing B2B2C or B2B2B distribution models desirable
- Fluency in English plus Spanish, French or Italian (verbal and written)
- Experience with embedded fintech or embedded software partnerships highly desirable
- First class communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence at C-level
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams (Incl. engineering, product and finance) to deliver high quality outcomes to timelines
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a small collegial team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other
- A proactive bias to action, and drive to achieve results
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. Soon after the declaration of the COVID-19 global pandemic the entire CG team was granted an extra 15 days of Wellness Leave to take throughout 2020.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
See more open positions at Cover Genius
Something looks off?