Senior QA Engineer - Trading Division
Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and financial engineering specialist, the firm provides a comprehensive suite of custody, trading and settlement solutions that reduce counterparty risk and bring greater capital and operational efficiency to digital asset markets. At the heart of Copper's offering is Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology – the gold standard in secure custody. Copper’s multi-award winning custody system is unique in that it can be connected to centralised exchanges, DeFi applications and even staking pools without the assets leaving the custody.
Built on top of this state-of-the-art custody, ClearLoop™ is the first solution in the market that overcomes a growing industry challenge; counterparty risk with exchanges. This solution underpins a full prime services offering, connecting global exchanges and enabling customers to trade and settle directly from the safety of their MPC-secured wallets. By reducing settlement time for transfers to a few milliseconds (without blockchain network dependency) and offering enhanced security measures, ClearLoop™ is rapidly reshaping the way asset managers trade and manage capital.
In addition to industry-leading security certifications, Copper has one of the strongest insurance coverages in the industry from an A+ rated insurer, positioning the firm as the partner of choice for institutions seeking to safeguard their assets.
The QA team at Copper is essential to the progression of Copper’s products and is an integral part of the engineering team. The QA engineers explore Copper’s architecture, designs, and codebase to identify potential problems, design and implement solutions to guide our engineers and ensure our software meets the highest standards. Coach and lead the adoption of different testing techniques on the engineering team, contributing to the development of autonomous teams that deliver high-quality software.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Join as a part of the product development team, participating in every stage of product and feature development - from requirements, to build, to release, to iteration and support
- Lead quality assurance process adoption within your team by coaching and mentoring them
- Review and ensure test processes are followed and features are properly tested following the testing pyramid
- Work in a complex environment (trading / blockchain / DeFi) and adapt well to change
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of QA methodologies, processes and best practices for the testing of back-end microservices
- Ability to drive forward and coach team on all areas of quality engineering
- Strong technical knowledge of different approaches and phases of manual testing
- Understanding of the test pyramid and the value of automated testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Expertise with the Shift Left approach
- Full development lifecycle knowledge
- Basic knowledge of OOP fundamentals
- Experience working in financial services, fintech or on blockchain projects (cryptocurrency wallets, exchanges, blockchain data processing, DeFi, Smart Contracts)
The benefits offered
- Holidays: 27 days per annum paid holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- Bupa Private Medical Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Bupa Dental Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Pension up to 10% matched Contribution to our Company Pension Scheme via Smart Pensions
- Home Working Energy Support Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Life Insurance including mental health support & EAP
- Eye Care
- Sponsored Learning and Development opportunities
- Regular company events and social activities
In return for everything you can bring to Copper, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love you to apply for the opportunity.
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets. Copper is a Disability Confident Employer, please let us know if you have a disability. If you require us to provide any assistance during the recruitment process, then we would ask you to highlight this to us and we will be happy to accommodate.