Accounts Payable Analyst
Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and financial engineering specialist, the firm provides a comprehensive suite of custody, trading and settlement solutions that reduce counterparty risk and bring greater capital and operational efficiency to digital asset markets. At the heart of Copper's offering is Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology – the gold standard in secure custody. Copper’s multi-award winning custody system is unique in that it can be connected to centralised exchanges, DeFi applications and even staking pools without the assets leaving the custody.
Built on top of this state-of-the-art custody, ClearLoop™ is the first solution in the market that overcomes a growing industry challenge; counterparty risk with exchanges. This solution underpins a full prime services offering, connecting global exchanges and enabling customers to trade and settle directly from the safety of their MPC-secured wallets. By reducing settlement time for transfers to a few milliseconds (without blockchain network dependency) and offering enhanced security measures, ClearLoop™ is rapidly reshaping the way asset managers trade and manage capital.
In addition to industry-leading security certifications, Copper has one of the strongest insurance coverages in the industry from an A+ rated insurer, positioning the firm as the partner of choice for institutions seeking to safeguard their assets.
Join the finance department at an exciting time, as we scale up operations domestic and overseas. Several exciting systems migrations are in progress which will help us achieve a leaner operating environment and deliver valuable information to the business and wider stakeholders.
The finance team provides critical information to the company's leadership for effective management, whilst helping other departments assess their performance against objectives. Each vertical within finance team plays an important role in helping the wider business, whether it be through day in day out payment processing; revenue collections; product control; financial reporting or budgeting & forecasting. The collective efforts of the finance team help deliver critical information to leaderships and help their colleagues and company achieve their goals.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Processing invoices in the system making sure invoices are correctly coded
- Verifying employee expenses ensuring the correct back up is provided
- Reconciling company credit cards across the business
- Providing support to internal and external stakeholders on all matters regarding Accounts Payable
- Assisting the Accounts Payable Manger with weekly payment runs, ensuring all vendors and employee expenses are paid in a timely manner
- Assisting in the administration of company Credit cards
- Assisting Accounts Payable Manager in systems migrations and roll out of new policies and procedures to wider business
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements.
- Reconciling purchase orders to invoices received
- Investigating and resolving outstanding creditor items in a timely manner
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- The successful candidate can be a graduate/school leaver or someone who has previously worked in accounts payable assistant role
- An excellent team player, but also has the ability to work autonomously and drive purchase ledger cycle
- Comfortable working with large invoice volumes and processing them into an ERP system in a timely manner
- Exceptional excel skills
- Keen eye for detail and a quick learner, with an aptitude to adapt to the ever changes within the business
Good to have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- Experience of a private-equity environment and Fin-tech industry would be beneficial but not a prerequisite
- General knowledge of blockchain infrastructure and digital asset
The benefits offered
- Holidays: 27 days per annum paid holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- Bupa Private Medical Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Bupa Dental Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Pension up to 10% matched Contribution to our Company Pension Scheme via Smart Pensions
- Home Working Energy Support Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Life Insurance including mental health support & EAP
- Eye Care
- Sponsored Learning and Development opportunities
- Regular company events and social activities
In return for everything you can bring to Copper, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love you to apply for the opportunity.
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets. Copper is a Disability Confident Employer, please let us know if you have a disability. If you require us to provide any assistance during the recruitment process, then we would ask you to highlight this to us and we will be happy to accommodate.