Banking Relationship Manager
Banking Relationship Manager
Are you a brite mind ready to shape the payment landscape? Join Brite's expansion journey as a Banking Relationship Manager! Drive strategic bank relationships and navigate international markets.
Brite Payments is a leading Open Banking-powered Account to Account (A2A) payment provider of Instant Payments and Instant Payouts. We provide a convenient transaction experience for consumers and reduce the risk in the payment process for merchants. Founded in Stockholm in 2019, Brite is committed to providing the best possible payment solution for everyone involved in a transaction.
The team behind Brite has worked with launching the first-generation of fintech companies before founding Brite. We know the market landscape, technologies, opportunities, and challenges. Now we channel all those experiences into developing modern solutions that will benefit both merchants and end-users.
Want to join us on our journey? The future is brite!
What you will do
Long-term rigid banking relationships are a core success factor for Brite’s expansive business goals and hence on top of our strategic agenda. Therefore we are now looking to expand our Banking Relationship department with an additional Banking Relationship Manager to support our significant growth ambitions.
The Banking Relationship Manager is a key role within Brite, reporting directly to the CFO. In this role you and your colleague within Bank Relations will together own the full responsibility for the commercial bank relationships in all markets in which Brite operates, i.e. Brite's Instant Payment Network (IPN). Together you take full ownership of the strategic relationship management process as you are Brite’s one-point-of-entry for existing and new bank counterparties.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Screening and approaching new bank counterparties following Brite’s growth plan, including event / conference attendance and physical visits.
- Negotiating, structuring, underwriting and onboarding banks in all countries where Brite operates.
- Securing that KYC and AML documentation required by the banks is up to date and in-line with current best practice, in close cooperation with Brite’s AML and Compliance department.
- Ownership of transaction flow across the Brite’s IPN to ensure that Brite processes payments / payouts effectively.
- Collaborating efficiently with internal stakeholders at Brite to understand their needs and bridge those needs with the relevant banks.
- Analyzing how operating policies, procedures and product offerings at the banks may impact the business relationship with Brite.
- Monitor the bank performance to understand if Brite should continue its relationship with the bank.
Are you a brite mind?
As an individual, you have high intrinsic motivation and want to make a dent in the payment landscape. You enjoy working in a challenger environment and have strong entrepreneurial drive and business acumen, not shying away from laying the rails while rolling on them. In addition;
- You have good knowledge of transactional banking and a solution oriented mindset.
- You have previous experience from working with bank relations including stakeholder management and negotiations.
- You have a great understanding of banking operation policies and market regulations.
- You have a good understanding of basic KYC and AML principles.
- You work comfortably in an intense, fast-paced international environment.
- You have a positive attitude that can easily build relationships with stakeholders across an international landscape.
- You are fluent in English (Swedish and all other languages are a plus).
What we offer
- An optimistic, caring, and inclusive culture where we want you to be yourself
- A dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative environment where you will have the possibility to make an impact from your first day onwards
- A flat organization, friendly colleagues, and fast decision-making
- An environment where we start small and learn fast to do big things
- A team that cares about sharing, collaborative work, and prestigelessness
- ... and you will be part of a growing team of fun and skilled people ✨
Do you want to learn more about our recruitment process? Here you can read about the hiring flow and find answers to the most frequently asked questions.
We are Brite.
Brite is a second generation FinTech challenger based in Stockholm. Working for first generation fintech companies before founding Brite, our people have previously been part of building European FinTech success stories such as Klarna, Qliro, Trustly, and SOFORT, to name a few. Together we are now working to bring you modern payment solutions that are more accessible and more affordable.
We are developers.
The biggest group of people here at Brite are developers. We want to drive development in the FinTech sector. Our technical platform is open-sourced. That way, other developers can build their solutions on the same platform that we use daily.
Cash is king no more.
Today, practically all financial transactions are handled digitally. At Brite we build on the foundation laid by European payment companies who shook the status quo in the early 2000s, to create payments that are secure, reliable, and affordable. So, whether you are a bank, an insurance company, online retailer, video game company, or something else, we are bold enough to say that your future is Brite.
Brite Payments is a leading Open Banking-powered Account to Account (A2A) payment provider of instant payments and instant payouts. Founded in Stockholm, Brite is an ever-expanding company that innovates and illuminates the payments space.