Senior Java Engineer (Risk) (w/m/d)
We are Billie, the leading provider of Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are to create a new standard for business payments and have made it our mission to simplify the purchasing experience for all businesses making it a tool for growth. Our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Risk domain at Billie. Our Risk team covers the assessment of risk factors such as identification, credit risk and fraud risk, to ensure a safe and secure Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) environment. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and improving software solutions that meet customer needs. You will have a high degree of autonomy to make decisions that support the team's goals and objectives.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software solutions
- Build new products with a data-oriented design approach
- Mentor and train other team members on coding standards, design techniques, and quality practices
- Be self-organized and driven, while collaborating with the team to move initiatives forward
- Provide architectural advice on security and scalability
- Utilize experience with Apache Kafka, Flink, BEAM, stream processing, reactive streams, Kotlin or Java, and Spring to build effective solutions
- Architect and develop microservices and cloud-based environments with high-availability and reliability targets
- Implement TDD, mobbing, pair programming, and continuous delivery practices
- Work in a product-focused environment using domain-driven design principles
Who we are looking for:
- At least 10 years of engineering practical experience in great companies
- Proven experience with migrating from other stacks to Spring + Kotlin
- Strong understanding of data-driven programming and data mesh concepts
- Experience in architecting and developing microservices and cloud-based environments with high-availability and reliability targets
- Experience working collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment with OKRs alignment
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
At Billie, We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive, regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and look forward to reviewing your application.
What we offer:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance
- Hybrid working approach enabling a good balance working from home and the office
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program, that enables discounted access to Berlin Public Transport (BVG)
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons
- Free German group classes
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities
- Great office space at Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, barista coffee, drinks and more
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?
Billie is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in our workplace. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost motivation and team creativity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, marital status, gender, political views, beliefs, sexual orientation, color, disability status, or any other demographic factors.