Customer Success Manager
Our everyday digital experiences are in the midst of a realtime revolution. Whether attending an event in a virtual venue, receiving realtime financial information, or monitoring live car performance data – consumers simply expect realtime digital experiences as standard. Ably provides a suite of APIs to build, extend, and deliver powerful digital experiences in realtime for more than 265 million devices across 80 countries each month, supporting organizations like Toyota, Bloomberg and Hubspot.
Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure and technology that will power and shape the future of the internet. The opportunity in front of us is immense. But we can’t rest yet. And we’d like your help. As Ably enters its next stage of growth, we’re looking for talented and curious individuals to help us build and deliver the platform to power synchronized digital experiences in realtime for one billion devices every week.
About this role
At Ably, we are on a mission to ensure our customers' success by delivering unparalleled value through our solutions and services. As a Customer Success Manager, you will play a pivotal role in guiding entry and mid-level customers towards achieving their goals, maximising their experience with Ably's products and ultimately expanding their value over time. You’ll be part of a dynamic team that thrives on collaboration, innovation and driving customer satisfaction.
Day to day you will
- Develop impactful, strategic partnerships with Ably’s customers. You’ll take ownership of a designated customer portfolio, focusing on retention, growth, and overall satisfaction, managing end-to-end customer onboarding and developing comprehensive Customer Success Plans that ensure our users achieve their goals.
- Help users leverage the value of our products. You’ll strategise for customer success to enhance adoption, usage, and net expansion targets, including participation in art-of-the-possible workshops. You’ll also be responsible for reporting on success, both internally and externally.
- Be a champion for your customers. You’ll act as the bridge between customers and Ably, relaying insights and feedback on the availability and relevance of new features and serve as the main point of contact for customer inquiries, issues, or escalations, liaising with internal Ably teams to champion customer requirements.
- Become a product expert and educate our customers. You’ll utilise your knowledge of the Ably platform, best practices, and common use cases to guide customers in successful implementation and growth. You’ll also stay well-informed about Ably products, features, and updates and ensure customers are continually educated about new offerings relevant to their needs.
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing satisfaction, adoption, and retention.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including senior leadership.
- Effective problem-solving ability, enabling strategic navigation of challenges to drive customer success.
- Technical curiosity, with the ability and willingness to understand developer and engineering concepts.
- Familiarity with CRM and account management best practices, and the ability to manage forecasts, particularly in relation to net expansion of existing customers.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical thinking and organisational skills, along with proficiency in project management methodologies.
- Experience working with customers of varying sizes, relevant to the assigned segment.
It would be nice, but not essential if you have
- Experience in an early stage VC-backed startup where things can move quickly.
- Experience with products that are brought to market primarily through a product led growth approach.
- Experience with developer-first products.
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and collaborative team. We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well.
Ably is a remote-first company and we strongly believe in life before work and encourage our people to find a balance between the two.
We recognise that each person is different and will want to be supported in different ways which is why our benefits (ably.com/ukbenefits) are there to help you focus on your needs today and prepare you for your future.
Amongst other things, we offer a generous holiday allowance, private healthcare and significant learning and development opportunities, and provide access to numerous wellbeing resources. We’re proud to do whatever it takes to care for Ablyans and their future.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging at Ably
We believe our differences as individuals is what makes us great. Our people are at the heart of what we do, and we encourage everyone to be their most authentic self at Ably: we see inclusivity and openness as fundamental to creating long-term success as an organization. We encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race, religion, educational background or neurodiversity. Ably has an amazing opportunity ahead of us, and we want anyone to be able to contribute to that opportunity.